What SEND documents do I need?

Modified on Fri, 06 Oct 2023 at 11:25 AM

If you are registering a child with SEND, you should first check with the senior schools (to which you are applying) what documentation is required as proof of SEND status.

In most cases, it will be an Educational Psychologist’s report (or other suitably qualified professional).

You may also need evidence that shows your child's reading speed, cognitive processing speed or handwriting speed.

You may also want to seek support from your current school’s SENCO for advice about what ‘normal ways of working’ the school currently provides and if they have evidence that 25% extra time will be suitable for your child when taking this type of test.

View our webinar for further information and answers to the frequently asked questions about SEND and EAL.

For more information, please see the SEND FAQ. 

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article