What information should I put in the EAL status?

Modified on Fri, 06 Oct 2023 at 11:27 AM

If your child speaks English as an Additional Language and you would like the senior school to consider any access arrangements, you should select 'Yes' and complete the information box.

You cannot request extra time for pupils with EAL but you may want to request that your child has access to a bilingual dictionary or other support. 

You should include here their first language and how long they have been learning English for.

View our webinar for further information and answers to the frequently asked questions about SEND and EAL.

For more information, please see the SEND FAQ.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article